Wednesday 14 November 2012

The humour in sincerity

One of the ways in which our special son (the child and a half) entertains us is with his comments made in all sincerity.
My wife has frequent issues with any objections made to her cooking. She is quite right. After all, what right have we who are getting fed to quibble with the fare being offered?
Well, one night when serving after slaving in the kitchen over the dinner, a negative comment was passed. That was it. At the end of her tether, my wife made her thoughts crystal clear.
Wife: I'm fed up with people who have nothing better to do than say whatever they like about the food I've made. Well, if you don't like it you can go to a restaurant up the road and eat whatever you like!!
Special son: Mum, where is it? Can I go?
You don't believe I like it?
I'm wearing it for goodness sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment